Sunday, February 10, 2008

Cake Decorating Class I

April 2006 when I enrolled at Heny Sison Culinary School for it short course in Basic Cakes and Icing. It was my preparation for baking Mica's 1st bday cake. I intended to enrol in the series of Cake Decorating Clases but schedule made me postpone my class reservation again and again. Finally, I made it on September 2007.




Cake Decorating Class I taught us the uses of basic decorating tips and made a character cake as a final project. I chose Sesame Street's Big Bird because this is the character my daughter Mica really loves.





I first wanted to decorate Strawberry Shortcake, which by the way, Chef Heny Sison told us that it was her very first character baking pan, quite an antique, we joked. She said she should put that in her memorabilia after using it since she was in her teens(?). Anyway, her Strawberry Shortcake pan doesn't really looked like an antique, hehe. It was in excellent condition, and the cake baked in that pan looked really good, too.

My classmate Tess was the one who decorated Strawberry shortcake but since I also love this character, I borrowed it from her for a souvenir pic.



Our class picture... :)